On 7/24/24 10:57 PM, Jayesh Badwaik wrote:
Dear Quentin,

I wish you luck for your application. I'm just a Arch user with no background
in security and I'm not really qualified to judge the application. So, this is
a question rather than anything else.
Your username is quite kind of obfuscated. My naive intuition tells me that
this is bad security practice because it would be quite expensive and
error-prone to verify if a user I've received a mail from is indeed you or
someone who's username is slightly different from you. Is my intuition right or
wrong? If wrong, why is it wrong?

Thank you.

Hi,

This is (one of the reason) why we require GPG signing.
The username itself isn't bulletproof, but the GPG signature is ;)

--
Regards,
Robin Candau / Antiz