On Wed, 2026-10-07 at 08:54 +0000, Jauchlander wrote:
> I really doubt it is the "#1 email provider of choice for scammers and
> criminals"

I wrote, half in jest, that all these "Leave" messages come from AI
agents. But now, in all seriousness, let me tell you, you shouldn't
assume that every message on a mailing list was written by a real
person. You shouldn't respond to sensationalist messages like that one
or try to help when someone can't unsubscribe. I've made that mistake
myself a few times.

Since AI is possible today, something that was more or less impossible
just a few decades ago due to hardware limitations, we have to accept
that there are very few people who know what to do with it or why they
might not need or even want to use it, but who take great pleasure in
making life difficult for others by misusing AI.

Reply via email to