Martin,

On Fri, 2026-10-09 at 12:35 +0200, Martin Rys wrote:
> That is not the case, you can only remove the fork relationship on GH
> if there are no child forks.

You can, but you have to request for it with a justification. I just
went through this process
for https://github.com/manticore-projects/suramadu


> And fork status has no relation to how secure the package is.

Taken at face value and for itself, it has not.
But when provided as AUR package, then I wonder if a fork of an
established Github project should be trusted when it always can have
that one additional commit. And I find that extra dangerous, because it
inherits the trust from the upstream name/repository.

A very stupid example: I can certainly trust a package `gimp-git` as
long as I know that this comes from the upstream git repository. I
would be alarmed, when I see a `gimp-git` from a recent fork only
(because there is just no good reason to AUR such a fork).

Best and cheers
Andreas

Reply via email to