IuseAURBTW [1] filed an orphan request for beekeeper-studio [2]:

Upstream updates frequently (three versions a week), yet this package
updated about once every two weeks, and has now been out-of-date for
two months.

I flagged it as out-of-date a week ago, left a comment offering co-
maintaince, and contacted the maintainer by email. I have received no
response so far, nor is the package updated. The maintainer is
"active" on AUR page, but if he cannot update packages fast enough,
cannot regularly login to AUR web, cannot respond to comments or email
in time, I don't think he is active enough. And he has so many
packages to maintain, this totally makes sense.

I can usually update the package within two days after upstream
update. Since I use this package myself, I really want to always use
the latest version. In fact I already use the PKGBUILD of latest
version locally right now.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/IuseAURBTW/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/beekeeper-studio/

Reply via email to