On 23 March 2024 14:55:52 GMT+01:00, Oliver Bandel <oli...@first.in-berlin.de>
wrote:
>Quoting  Marcell Meszaros <marcell.mesza...@runbox.eu> (snt: 2024-03-23 07:23
>+0100 CET) (rcv: 2024-03-23 07:23 +0100 CET):
>> On 17 March 2024 13:22:23 GMT+01:00, not...@aur.archlinux.org wrote:
>> >MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for any-dl [2]:
>> >
>> >ocamlnet is not compatible with ocaml5, so this package in turn is not
>> >compatible with current Arch Linux.
>> >
>> >[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
>> >[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/any-dl/
>>

>> The last package change is ill-conceived. The build stays broken.
>>
>> A package cannot depend on both 'ocaml' (v5) and 'ocaml4', as they conflict
>> with each other.  Still not useful to keep this dead build.
>
>This package has problems because of ocamlnet not being available for
>ocaml5.
>
>I asked the author of ocamlnet, if it was planned to update it for OCaml5.
>The answer was yes.
>So far there is no time plan for that, but next week I may habe more
>information.

It was asked from developer of ocamlnet more than one year ago (Fev 2023), and
he didn't bother to answer. [a]

Also there were work-in-progress were pull request commits submitted, but dev
couldn't care less. And the submitting users admitted they are facing some
difficulties and had hit a roadblock in making the patch work properly.

[a]: https://gitlab.com/gerdstolpmann/lib-ocamlnet3/-/issues/27