>>> MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for gimp-font-rendering-fix [2]:
>>>
>>> Infinality font rendering mods are defunct and discontinued since
>>> 2021, and cause rendering glitches on current versions of freetype2.
>>>
>>> Therefore this package is not needed anymore and can be safely
>>> deleted.
>>>
>>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
>>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/gimp-font-rendering-fix/

>>On 18 October 2023 11:10:05 GMT+02:00, Arti Zirk <arti.z...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Although the description is a bit out of date (I can fix it) the code
>>snippet in this package is still valid and useful.

On 18 October 2023 11:32:52 GMT+02:00, Marcell Meszaros
<marcell.mesza...@runbox.eu> wrote:
>I suggest that you please kindly file a bug report upstream and/or in Arch bug
>tracking system, in line with AUR submission guidelines.

I don't see any font rendering related issues reported for gimp. [a]

As freetype2 had completely removed the Infinality rendering engine from the
stable release around mid-2023, I fail to see any remaining relevance of this
fontconfig package that was made to fix an Infinality glitch in GIMP.

[a]: https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/packaging/packages/gimp/-/issues