This is a neat website. There are apps available for Android and idevices.

http://app.qzss.go.jp/GNSSView/gnssview.html

If you didn't already know there are multiple satellite navigation constellations besides GPS.

The Chinese Beidou system combined with GPS seems especially useful in this part of the world. It is already possible to buy multimode receivers and in the next couple of years I think we'll see all the new chips works with all systems.

45 navsats visible above a 5 degree horizon mask angle right now in Toowoomba. Should be enough for a good reliable fix.

Mike

Borgelt Instruments - design & manufacture of quality soaring instrumentation since 1978
www.borgeltinstruments.com
tel:   07 4635 5784     overseas: int+61-7-4635 5784
mob: 042835 5784                :  int+61-42835 5784
P O Box 4607, Toowoomba East, QLD 4350, Australia