Hi Ross

Whether it is a good idea or not remains to be seen.

Please keep in mind that the Mü 31 is only a student research project. Its
existence should not be seen as an indication
that a high wing design is beneficial in terms of performance. In fact there
are very significant aerodynamic disadvantages
with this concept and one of them is the huge amount of parasite drag on the
underside of the wing/fuselage junction.
There are others too, and it is high noon that this hype comes down to a more
rational level.

Please don’t think for a moment that the move away from the early high wing
designs on composite gliders wasn’t made
for very good reasons.

Kind regards

Bernard