Good morning allYou might want to refer to "Advanced Soaring Made Easy" pages
194 and 195.CheersBernard

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Bob Dircks <dircks....@gmail.com> Date:
17/01/2019  10:03  (GMT+09:30) To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in
Australia." <aus-soaring@lists.base64.com.au> Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] slip
in thermals?
Good points Richard,
However I still find the use of the word "pointing" very ambiguous.
I suggest that "pointing" indicates a direction radiating from the viewpoint.
This would have us discussing the forward direction of the string,  while it is
more common to consider the rearward direction of the string..... ie it's
trailing direction.