Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 10:31 PM
Subject: [aus-soaring] 'Relief' on long flights...

We can ask about any gliding topic on this list, right?

Here's one from a recently solo pilot about to head off for his first 'Gliding Camp'.

What are the various arrangements used by (male) pilots for 'relief' during those longer flights? I've read of the 'external male catheter'. Is this usually connected to some sort of on-board collection mechanism, or does one drain away to the outside world? What other approaches are used?

Looking forward to a hot debate.

Richard.