Hi All,

Can anyone give a concise view on Flight validation requirements & norms for
use in Australia?

Some local comps appear to permit normal GPS track logs so that anyone can
participate

The issues are:
When is a normal GPS flight log ( including Alt & other sat data ) useable
When does it have to be a fully sealed unit with encrypted signature
When does it have to be a fully sealed unit with encrypted signature & IGC
International approval

Similarly what is permissible for FAI height/distance claims for badge
flights

Apologies for appearing lazy but I have been presented with a few
conflicting opinions on these issues & the last time I flew gliders it was
in a Mosquito with a compass, a camera & a clockwork barograph. The world
was yet to see the Navstar system, let alone Glonass or Galileo ;-)

Cheers

Don Ingram
P.S So far no-one on the planet has been able to tell me what happened to
Glasflugel