Ah so aviation government dept's are different to all the others, just like
magic init?

Examples of CASA incompetence stream to mind ie.

Seaview airlines.
Whyalla Airlines.
And numerous others.Delays due to understaffing are common in ALL government
depts.
Do you want to wait for CASA or who ever to grind out  the paperwork you
need to fly-what they would obviuosly consider low priority(ie non
commercial) matters?

Do I need to go on. Try a new dealer mate thats bad stuff your'e

I repeat my original question : Name a activity that has benefitted from
government control?-then you might start to make a case.

Out of interest is there anyone on this site who does not already possess a
ppl
who agrees with this idea,  my reading indicates the most support lies with
those who already have ppl and therefore would not be inconvenienced by any
increased requirment.