Thanks Leigh . .
clicking the link revealed:
(do any of these features differ from r2 or is this old news??
Note reference to updates on the last line . . )

Jim

New and improved features

  • Inclusion of over 250 new maps
  • Increased resolution to 200dpi from 150dpi
  • Improved georeferencing and rectification
  • Access to grid coordinates
  • RASTER VIEWER CONFIGURATOR tool. This tool enables the user to set search paths to access maps stored in different places
  • Overview and Magnifier windows provide convenient indication of the location of the current map in relation to Australia, and the region surrounding the current location
  • Map Information window lists information on the current view of the map, including extents and bounding coordinates.

[back to top]

Product Specifications

Coverage: National

Currency: Ranges between 1967 and 2001.

Coordinates: Coordinates stored in the map images are in MGA, but the software is capable of interpreting and displaying geographical and grid values for GDA94 and AGD66 datums.

Media: 2 CD-ROM set (software to find and view maps runs on 95/98/2000/NT/Me/XP)

Format: Stored in ECW format, 200dpi resolution. Software supplied with data allows downloading in GeoTIFF, PNG, JPEG or BMP.