Mike

I think it's probably not worth getting into the ins and outs of Roger Woods'
role in things.  He passed away several years ago and there seems little
point in speaking ill of what he did or didn't do when he can't defend your
claims.

As for favourite scriptures, how about the first half of Proverbs 29:18

"Where there is no vision, the people perish"

I think that it applies perfectly to the current decline in gliding.

The big question, who is going to step up to the plate and provide the
vision ?  While some clubs are doing good things at the local level, I don't
think that's going to save gliding in Australia without some broader
initiatives being in place.

Cheers

Jason