Leigh

At Southern Cross we have a couple of pairs of scales in the pie cart.  Any
people which are of questionable size are checked on them first.

It is also standard practise that I ask about the potential flyers weight
when selling AEF gift vouchers, to avoid potential embarrassment to all
parties.

People over 100 kg are precluded from flying in our ASK-13.

People over 110 kg can't fly in any of our aircraft.  I don't think any sane
club member would want to risk our insurance coverage by by doing something
so silly.

People over 100 kg also have to find an instructor 90kg or less that gives
them a combined weight of around 190 kg (varies between IS-28 and DG-1000) to
fly in the other seat with them.  On some days of the roster, this is a
problem.

This also poses some challenges for instructors who suddenly find that they
can't fly with very many of our student pilots or AEFs, especially the larger
ones.  What this does for keeping current enough to be revalidated, I do not
know, but it can't be good.

Fine for me at around 65-68kg, where my weight has been for > 15 years now.
Still, I like to put the really heavy passengers (there's only been one in my
time as AEI) in back to minimise trim problems.

Jason

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 22:20:48 +0830, Leigh Bunting wrote