Anybody tampering with their loggers is only cheating themselves.  What a joke!

PeterS
----- Original Message -----
From: Ian McPhee
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 9:27 PM
Subject: [Aus-soaring] IGC withdraw logger approval for CAI box!!

This morning I had a lengthy phone call to Mary Fryman the manager of Cambridge Aero Instruments in Horn Lake MS USA and she advised as of now they will no longer manufacture the very popular Model 20/25 Cambridge Logger.  The IGC have withdrawn their approval of the Model 20 for verification of world records and this is inspite of it being quite OK for the past 7 years!!  Not only the Cambridge approval has been withdrawn but so have several other well known loggers brands. Check the IGC web site.  The model 20 is still the worlds most popular logger and as most competition scorers and soaring certre managers would report they are one of the most trouble free units used.  I should say the Cambridge 302 vario/logger uses a higher standard of security and can be used for all records and is not affected by this withdrawl.

As Mary said Cambridge have really tried with the IGC over the past 2 months to no avail.  As she says now it is only World Records but in future this decision could be extended to National Records and then Badge flights and there is no economic fix to the present Model 20 units so there is no point in continuing to produce the unit.

Perhaps pilots might make contact with Ian S of the IGC and pass on your thoughts as to there their drastic decision to withdraw approval of many popular Loggers. I am not sure if there is a problem with a world record in a motorglider or it is just today's security is a higher standard

What do others know about this topic. Perhaps I should look out for a small lunch box and some Winter lead seals and seal up my logger in the lunch like the good old days of Winter barographs.

Ian McPhee
Box 657  Byron Bay  NSW  2481  Australia
Tel +61 (0)2 66 847 642  Mob +61 (0)428 847 642
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.mrsoaring.com