On the matter of tapes for wing to fuselage, tailplane stabiliser to fin, sealing control access hatches to fuselage and alike, my view is that a lot of what is sold as PVC "electical tape" is rubbish.  In fact anything of that nature under the Morey Haig  or Lion name in hardware stores is of such poor quality that I think it is scandalous that it can sold as "electrical tape" which surely in the first instance is sold to safety electrical installation work for years and not just for the next five minutes.

The three brands of flexible white PVC "electrical tape" that I have confidence in for the above usage are:
1.    Nitto,
2.    Wattmaster, as sold by Radio Parts in Melbourne (not sure they have branches interstate), and
3.    Ripper, as sold by the electrical industry suppliers Middendorp's who have that shocking pink(?) store colour.

You may find others of the major electrical industry suppliers, AWM, etc. also supply good stuff as the electrical trades people hopefully don't tolerate crap tape from their suppliers.

These three above all seem to stand up to the heat and time in the sun and not fall off in 5 to 7 days like the Haig/Lion & similar crap has regularly.

We were able to get Nitto in 25 mm wide but we haven't found a source of this wider version in the last 2 years.  It may be that we weren't trying hard enough.

As for aileron to wing etc. hinge line sealing with simple tape, eg. Std Cirrus rudder, Tesa waterproof cloth tape is great and worth the money.  BDF Leucosilk in 5 cm wide 5 m rolls from the Chemist also works well but it is a bugger to remove the adhesive if the tape is left on too long as the adhesive is gooey on removal.  Sometimes you can get Leucosilk in 9m rolls at not much cost above 5m rolls.  Cloth tape sold in stationary stores as a book binding tape ("Wotan" is one brand) cannot be recommended as the adhesive eventually sets like concrete and is an absolute bugger to remove.

I don't bother with clear "All weather" tapes or similar.  When I've tried it on sealing a building roof against water ingress, I found it flapping in the breeze after 5 months.  Then again this and related variants will have quality and characteristic variations which mean that maybe I had a bad batch or maybe it was a good batch and 5 months was good!!

I also advocate replacing control surface hinge line tapes regularly because that in combination with decent tape material means that firstly there will be no trouble in service and secondly the tape adhesive will come away with the tape so that it is easy to clean up prior to applying new material.  The tape is not expensive relative to safety.

Even the beaut Tesa cloth tape will let go if left on indefinitely.

The clock is about to roll over to Sunday.  I'd better stop here else my diatribe might launch in to a sermon.
Cheers
Roger Druce