At 11:12 PM 27/08/04 +0930, you wrote:

>    We may have talked about this before.
>

> Is there a manufacturer's recommendation?
>
> Is there a company policy?
>
> Are there regulations on the subject?
>
>  Unfortunately that would probably be viewed with considerable suspicion,
>even if it passed the security check.
>
> Just wondering - it might have a bearing on the things we are talking
>about.......
>
> Thanks to all who are contributing,
> Regards,
> Terry

Terry,

You may remember about 7 or 8 years ago the 7:30 report did a story on "air
freight" between Mel - Syd - Bris.  Called "Bitumen Boeings". They hired a
Joey and shipped it and we got a nice vertical profile of the Hume Highway
between Mel and Syd. They also got one of their staffers to take it by
commercial  airline and we got a nice cabin altitude profile and in that
case the cabin was at about 7000 feet. I think your 6 to 8000 is about right.

I know some airline pilots monitor this group so how about telling us, Ron?

The interesting thing was the ABC staff reaction to the 7000 feet. "I
thought airliners flew higher than that?"

The freight companies got monstered by the ACCC. "but the package went by
air when it was thrown from the loading dock into the truck and the tyres
have air in them and... ......

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
          Int'l + 61 429 355784