Same thing happened to me. No warning at all.  That's why I don't like the things, and
certainly wouldn't spin one.

 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of skf1
Sent:   Friday, 24 September 2004 08:30 AM
To:     'Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.'
Subject:        RE: [Aus-soaring] More on spinning - US training rules andPuchacz
spinning

I support spin training, and I will share this personal experience to
support my position.

Several years ago I was having a workout with a Level 3 instructor exploring
the flight envelope of the Puch.  While doing a steep turn at about 56kts
the old girl just snapped into a full spin, no warning. We were at about
1000 ft agl, over the airfield.

After catching up with the "surprise factor" we recovered at about 500 ft
agl and flew a normal circuit. Members on the ground thought it was just
part of the training sequence.

Spinning is not part of the normal flight sequence unless you're doing
aerobatics, and in my opinion excess height is better being burnt off,
turning it into speed or distance. However like all emergency flight
sequences we train for we need to be current in them. Airline companies keep
their crews up to speed in emergency drills; and if it is good enough for
them, it makes sense that we should follow their example.

SDF

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If
 you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please
 contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of
 this communication or disclose anything about it.