...Polarised versions of these lenses are only available in
single vision.
* * *
That implies the better versions (non-polarized) ARE available in
bi/trifocal.
<<<

Well picked Graeme . . I am tempted to try the polaroid version,
and that swayed my thoughts!

There is a big difference of opinion on this issue - I guess it
boils down to the canopies we sit under, something I meant to
test carefully last weekend with a pair of polarized glasses over
my plain ones . . . must have been having too much fun flying!

Did do the measurements though - and found quite a huge
difference between aircraft, eg:

LS3a:
 instruments at 80cm, map on lap is at 50cm

Janus B front seat:
 instruments at 70cm, map on lap is at 45cm

DuoDiscus front seat:
 instruments at 65cm, map on lap is at 40cm

Janus B rear seat:
 instruments at 50cm, map on lap is at 40cm

DuoDiscus rear seat:
 instruments at 50cm, map on lap is at 45cm

All measured with parachute worn and no cushions
 (I am 6'3" = 190cm).

I wonder if 40 to 80 cm will be possible in a bifocal . .

And Cath, did you get yours polarized? And which tint?

Cheers,

Jim Kelly