I get them but as I am on four lists, I do not check where they come from, just bounce them via mailwasher.  PeterS
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 9:47 PM
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Spam.... anyone else??

Greetings fellow soaring people,

I may be alone in this,  but I seem to keep on receiving daily little treasures of unwanted spam and thinly disguised virus attacks.   Usually it is limited to three or four per day, but it is as annoying as it is frustrating.    Sometimes the "sender" is a hotmail address, at other times it suggest a more legitimate sender whose address is being "used".   It has been been a pretty regular event since the great spam attack on this list earlier this year.

Why then raise this matter on this list?

The common factor in all of them is a reference to our much appreciated ISP who so generously makes this list possible.

Here is a snippet from my Mailwasher log in respect of one of the more recent gifts:

"[Mailman Site List] Re: document - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

Here is the "content" of yet another message received tonight:
You got a new message.

++++ F-Secure AntiVirus - www.f-secure.com

If  I am the only recipient, then  it's surely my problem and mine alone.

If others on the list are also being favoured with similar presentations, then I wonder if there is something which might be able to be done on a higher level.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the matter,

Terry