I also bought sunglasses after the discussion on Aus soaring. I got some Ol' Eagle Eyes from Dennis Cummings in Byron Bay, did it all on the phone, posted him my prescription, got glasses with small bifocal regions.

I am thrilled with them, they are red/pink which doesn't abolish colour vision (but makes green paddocks a bit browner) but I find I can quickly spot aircraft much more easily than before (and they will probably see haze domes).

A much more cheap alternative to the Zeiss which sound excellent, these were $199.

Ed Marel