rolf a. buelter wrote:

I wonder why, Greg? Could it have something to do with the $ / performance ratio? Rgds - Rolf

The old "bang for the buck" strikes again. Surprise - surprise - not.
The reality is people and clubs in particular, NEED bang for buck. Private owners and syndicates are never going to buy a world class single for the same reasons the PW5 has failed to gain acceptance. It really falls to clubs buying a world class glider, and let's face it, a club needs "UTILITY" out of it's investment, and the real utility is in dual seaters. In essence, I wonder if the whole idea of a world class single seater is viable to begin with. Would it not be more sensible to have a world class two seater ? I admit that at first thought it might be considered a heretical idea, but let's give it a run as a hypothetical. Comments ?

Peter Creswick
E-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Land Line  02 9718 4841
Mobile/SMS 0401 758 025