To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia." <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:48 AM
Subject: [Aus-soaring] gentlemen please

Peter Creswick wrote:
Let's cut through the crap....,
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:50:02 +0930, Mark Newton wrote:
That's a seriously stupid question.  What kind of retarded
nutcase
would think like that about -anything-?
Get a grip.

I suspect that others on the list like myself would prefer cat fights
to be taken off-list direct (as I do)
This bar doesn't encourage underage drinkers or sledging, let's leave
that to proper sports like cricket.

I am aware that the sport of gliding continues to tear itself apart
in large continuous chunks, and that this list is only a relatively
small reflection of that.
However where I believe both the advocates of sainthood and evil are
each heading is to the betterment of gliding as they happen to see
it; but where the time has come to do so in separate streams.

There is the lobby for just having fun, which makes the using up and
dumping of the husks of the core assets of the sport legitimate.
These advocates probably do understand that the sport will last until
they have finished with it.
The other advocates assume the sport is aimed at the long term, and
are looking for improved processes that secure that.