At 12:42 PM 8/05/05 +0930, you wrote:
>Peter Creswick wrote:
>
>> Mark Newton wrote:
>>> People like Robert Hart and Peter Creswick who think that they can
>>> draw useful conclusions from a release of raw data from accidents are
>>> fooling themselves.
>
>> So, by your stance, the investigators, so highly trained that they are,
>> are beyond review or challenge ?
>
>I'm completely mystified about how you can arrive at that conclusion
>by starting with my statement as a premise.
>
>I've not addressed the issue of whether people with appropriate training
>are infallible.  I've merely pointed out that some people (e.g., You)
>lack appropriate training.  I'd have thought it would be completely,
>mundanely obvious that people without training in a given field
>are unlikely to be experts in that field, so I'm not entirely sure why
>you're choosing to aggressively pick at this point, out of all the points
>I've written about.

So Mark, unless considerable details of accident investigations are
released how are the rest of us going to make a judgement on whether what
has been said is reasonable?
Have a look at the Avweb archives for what John Deakin has to say about the
ATSB investigation of the Whyalla Airlines accident.

Anyway, what makes you think you received appropriate or adequate training
to be a flight instructor?

Mike

Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
          Int'l + 61 429 355784