After the amount of time spent scanning everything, Anne certainly deserves
some return on her time investment. If it were set up on a website as a paid
subscription I would suspect that the cost per subscriber would have to be
extremely high to pay for the hosting of however many gigabytes it would
consume.

CD sounds like a good solution to me.

Nick.

---- Robert Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Pete Siddall wrote:
>

>Well, I have some info... Ann Woolf at Waikerie has been scanning her
>
>collection of AGs, running from 1948 to 1997. The scanned AGs will be for
>
>sale on CD.

That's pretty awesome. I look forward to hearing more.

>She has made an index of articles and author. The index is big: when I
>
>work out how to usefully put it online I will do that.

Have you considered putting the entire thing on line? That would make

the documents themselves searchable (and even the photos if one

considers searching captions as equivalent (not always the case). Are

there any copyright or other barriers to putting everything on line?

--

Robert Hart                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

+61 (0)438 385 533

Brisbane, Australia                        http://www.hart.wattle.id.au