The thing is Patch, I reckon the story is true.

I was at home out front on the nature strip around September 1973 with my friend Richard working on our Libelle trailer in anticipation of taking delivery of the new Libelle later in the year.  It is Sunday around 1 pm and I go in for lunch with Dick left finishing one or two things before coming in.  We are waiting for Dick to come in and join us.  He is dragging his heels a bit I think but then through the dining room window I can see him out on the lawn talking to a fellow from just a few doors up the street, Mr Waldron.

Dick eventually comes in and explains that Mr Waldron has told to him about having flown on a glider; not in a glider but on a glider.  Yes apparently he had been strapped across the top of the Golden Eagle leading edge to trailing edge and winch launched.  Yes impressing a certain desirable female was the driving force.  However I don't think this show of bravado won Waldron the chick.  Jack Iggulden was the glider pilot I believe.

Cheers  Roger Druce