I have to say I was a bit surprised to see the new marketing  logo that GFA exec has adopted .

In the article on P22 of Soaring Australia, a rationale was given on why the “GLIDING Australia” logo was accepted.

It also stated that Al Sim developed the new marketing logo……that is fairly obvious thankyou very much.

Don’t get me wrong……..I applaud anyone who has the tenacity to continue to promote the sport, but co-incidental or not, the inclusion of

“go soaring” in that logo should have been noticed by executive and dealt with a accordingly.

I think it is less than professional to see the name of Al Sim’s “GO SOARING” Business within the logo itself.

I am sure it would have looked just as good with “Borgelt” or something like that J

Mark Fisher

Sports Technologist

School of Exercise Science

Southern Cross University