Hi,

I heard a rumour that some people had been turned away from the junior nationals, because the organisers did not like the aircraft they wanted to bring.

Cheers

Steve

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Gilbert
Sent: Tuesday, 30 August 2005 11:05 AM
To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
Subject: [Aus-soaring] JoeyGlide 05

Hi All,

Just a quick update on where we are up to with the preparations for the 2005 Australian Junior Nationals.

So far, we have a staggering 21 payed entries, with at least another 9 to come that we know of. This is double the attendance of last year, and a testament to the hard work of many individuals & organisations who are giving up their time, gliders & sponsorship dollars. We are still a few gliders short, however, and are very interested to hear from anyone willing to give up their glider for a week in early december. As long as it is plastic, and relatively simple to fly, we have pilots ranging from 300 to 800 hours waiting to hear from you.

We would also be interested to hear from someone who is PC literate, has prior gliding & competition experience (not necessarily as a competitor), and would be willing to attend the contest from the 3rd to the 10th of December to manage the updating of the website. Prior web development experience is not necessary, as we can train you in what needs to be done. It would also be useful if this person is handy with a digital camera. We have grand plans for the website this year, involving constant live updates, live scores & several webcams relaying the action.

That's about it, keep your eyes on http://www.JoeyGlide.com/ for the latest updates.

Nick Gilbert

Contest Director.