Mike,

No point in trying to spread the politics of whether its going to happen or
not - the decision is next year and we will all see. As for fitment of
$10,000 plus into gliders - where did you get that figure from? A typical
ADS-B squitter only transmitter in a handheld is $3,200.00 - you can buy one
from our web site if you like.When , and we are talking 5 or more years,
gliding is ready for this I can see the cost down to under $1,000 as already
U blox have an approved GPS with another company that is 1/4 the price of
the current TSO'd navigators and is TSO'd.

As for free fitment - there is a tender for 1500 G.A aircraft going out this
month - installed for free!

And as for www.collisionavoidance.org this guys been banding around this for
several years , in one form or another. Really, do you think anyone is going
to play around with valve based transponders ( like in his photo's ) which
is illegal and violates the TSO authority of the unit , and , what he
doesn't tell you is that it will not work on mode A /C transistor or fet
based finals - they can't handle the duty cycle! The MTBF is not acceptable,
as you need mode S type devices that can handle the extra transmission , I
know , we tried to use an existing T2000 and blew up 10 devices in the
process.

Regards

Nigel Andrews

Technical  Director

Avionics Australasia Pty Ltd

"A Queensland Company devoted to Research and Development, Avionics
manufacturing and sales in aviation electronics"

Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Web www.avionicsaustralasia.com

Ph: (61) 7 54635670 Fax: (61) 7 54635695

The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages (which
includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It
is intended only for the use of the person or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the addressee any form of disclosure, copying,
modification, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on the
information is unauthorised. If you received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your computer system
network.