Terrific observation Michael, thanks.

So can you answer the old question - which way was it rotating?

Ed marel

On 12/09/2005, at 10:03 AM, Texler, Michael wrote:

I remember one boring day at Lochiel when a thermal moved across the stubble paddock, it was moving slowly enough that I could run after (on foot) it and get it inside of it. The wall of the thermal was very windy with stubble and dust flying around. The centre of the thermal was calm. Interestingly, the path of the thermal over the ground was irregular (i.e. it would stop, sometimes reverse up, or go sideways, but the general direction was with the prevailing wind).

My 2.2 c worth