At 11:09 AM 11/10/05 +1000, you wrote:
>     Hey Mike,     Tell us the news. This looks exciting, and Aussie  too!
> &&meta=lr%3Dlang_en   http://www.borgeltinstruments.com/B500advert.html
>Cheers,   Jim Kelly

Jim,

We're using the 4Hz GPS to do better location and velocities for the
thermal centering. We haven't yet implemented that and there will be
considerable testing to get this right.

We'll also use the 4Hz GPS for some other things I don't want to talk about
yet.

The LEDS give airmass information(red/green) and speed command in cruise
and the red and green tell you whether you are climbing above or below the
20 seconds running average in climb mode. This is also on the audio as we
are trying to do as much with audio as possible as well as mount the
controller and display for average etc on the lip of the glareshield or
just aboce/below so as to keep it close to outside line of sight.

Simple controls and displays.

Lots of growth potential in this instrument with extra sensors and software
and the main unit is short(88mm behind panel plus about 20mm for connectors).

Surface mount technology is used and once we are through the first batch
should be relatively easy to build. We're pretty happy with it.

"Shiny!"(The science fiction fans on this group who've seen "Serenity" will
recognise the quote and if you haven't already seen it I can recommend it.
Take all your friends. I'd like a sequel)

Mike

Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
          Int'l + 61 429 355784