At 09:27 PM 24/10/2005, Michael Cole wrote:

Journalists get paid for writing stories. The worse (gory, horrid, sad) the
better. They do not get paid for a) getting it right or b) for truth or c)
public good or d) pursuit of honourable and uplifting  goals.

Last news poll of the public's most trusted citizens I saw put lawyers,
second hand car salesmen and journalists in the last three places at the
bottom of the heap.

Nobody actually believes what they read or hear on the news, do they?

Kindest regards,
Michael

It appears that the Sydney Morning Herald *DID* believe Ian McPhee, as he was quoted extensively in their story that appeared on www.smh.com.au today

The article title is "Witness tells of pilot's 'crazy' flying before crash"

The URL for the article is

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/witness-tells-of-pilots-crazy-flying-before-crash/2005/10/24/1130006038907.html

I guess only Macca can tell us if he was quoted correctly.

Cheers

Jason