Today he got serveral people saying "you would never get me in a glider - people were killed in a glider at the weekend!!"

I wonder what they say about cars?

On 24/10/2005, at 9:27 PM, Ian McPhee wrote:

What happened at weekend was bad and I was not very precise. The Drifter pilot concerned was seen by many to do what I could only call aggressive flying during the take off. He was then seen to be doing what you would call about 3 barrel rolls going north along the beach then about 2 rolls going south along the beach from which the aircraft crashed. I believe the pilot was not a member of the RAAus so they can not be responsible for such a "pilot". Infact I believe he had lost his License. My understanding is there may be a few Drifters that can do aerobatics but SOLO and this aircraft would not have been one of those. Unfortunately ABC TV Sunday said the "pilots" were members of the gliding club. I feel certain they are not members of HGFA, GFA and RAAus so as I understand it falls back to CASA. There is even more but from above I think you get the message. I think it is up to all of us to speak up when we see stupid or crazy flying in the interest of all aviation.

A friend of mine Ron Cameron who has been conduction a survey but interviewing people on the streets of Tamworth. Today he got serveral people saying "you would never get me in a glider - people were killed in a glider at the weekend!!" Unfortunately NAN TVs report did not help. On his Friday survey out of 150 people only 3 people knew there was a gliding club in the area but that is all another story. ................Ian McPhee

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Newton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia." <aus- [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] NOT a glider -was a drifter fatal at Byron

Michael Cole (Neonatology) wrote:

Last news poll of the public's most trusted citizens I saw put lawyers, second hand car salesmen and journalists in the last three places at the bottom of the heap. Nobody actually believes what they read or hear on the news, do they?

It seems that they do if the news says Journalists are at the bottom
of the heap :-)

  - mark

GIF image

DJ Olsen Photo