I'm a CFI; whenever there is an accident I'm asked what happened. Our members
expect that I should be up to date with the safety situation in our sport,
they're right to do so.

I would like to see a restricted email list introduced wherein current
information regarding very recent accidents can be shared. Information could be
posted within hours of an accident so that better quality information is
disseminated sooner.
I see this list as being restricted to level three instructors and CFIs, and
any others who are deemed appropriate by the RTOs. Restrictions only so that
any information that is incomplete can still be used appropriately.
I believe that not publishing could ultimately be seen as negligence in court,
should a subsequent accident of similar type occur, that could have been
learned from. Maybe thats a stretch of reasoning but I am one of those who has
used the misfortune of others as a preventative learning experience for myself.

Grant Harper