From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Gilbert
Sent: Tuesday, 29 November 2005 7:54 AM
To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
Subject: [Aus-soaring] JoeyGlide

Hi,

First of all, the tug dramas have been solved. Thanks to those of you who responded with leads & ideas.

The competition itself starts this coming Saturday (the 3rd) with the practice day, and runs until Saturday the 10th. There are already several gliders onsite at Leeton, as you can see if you go to www.JoeyGlide.com and click on the ‘Webcam’ tab. The intention is for this contest to have the best competition website Australia has seen. We have a full time web developer / photographer coming to keep everything up to date, and scores will be published on the website (barring any technology issues) following our evening presentation ceremony which will happen at about 8:30pm – 9:00pm each night. We also have an online database that will show the status of each aircraft during the competition task. This can be accessed through the ‘ContestLive’ link at the top of the page. Ideally we would have liked to have real-time tracking, but this uses the GPRS network, something that is rather scarce in regional NSW.

As we have gained a large amount of sponsorship for this contest, the best thing you can do the help the contest is to view the website as often as possible, and show our sponsors that they have gained the sort of exposure for their brand or organization that they have paid for.

Thanks to all of those who have assisted.

Nick Gilbert.