Thanks Mike.
Did'nt know that and I doubt whether you could go any further back than that.

Chris McDonnell
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Borgelt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring inAustralia." <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Gliding Trivia

At 11:47 AM 15/12/05 +1030, you wrote:
Nose doors,tail ramps,wheels in fuselages, general shape etc.
The Laister Kauffman CG 10 amongst others seems to have settled the general layout of heavy lift aircraft to this day. My own interpretation, but a site
on the CG 10 claims this also.

No gliding here near Adelaide today. Blowing hard.
Mike B might give us some trivia about the genesis varios.
Hav'nt seen much in what I have read.

Chris McDonnell

genesis varios?

Do you mean how they got started? First were adaptations from ballooning.
Sealed flask with outlet at bottom of a beaker of water. Bubbles=going up.
Faster bubbles = going up faster.

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
         Int'l + 61 429 355784