Watch out for those white ants!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Caleb
White
Sent: Friday, 16 December 2005 11:59 AM
To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Wood is Good!

Hi Folks,

As a Uni. student with a relatively modest flying budget I realised that for
about the same expenditure I could do only a small amount of flying in a hired
glass ship or as much flying as I wanted in older wooden aircraft. The
economics combined with the beaut handling, feel and smell of the older ships
made this a very simple decision.

Wood ships these days cost around about as much as an all singing all dancing
flight computer and have a significantly better L/D!

Caleb White,

Proud Kookaburra and Super Goose Owner/Driver