At 08:44 AM 21/12/05 +1030, you wrote:
>   On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:47:28 +1100, Graeme Cant wrote: >N ot only is
>that its contractual role, that is the >role it >was actually formed to
>provide back in the forties of the last >century and >which its whole
>structure is designed around.      I suspect that in looking through the
>minutes of formation (1949), you will find that GFA was formed to be the
>single voice representing all the state gliding associations in their
>interface with the Dept of ever changing names.
>     GFA as an ndependent entity didn''t exist before 1981 (hence the 3
>reps from each state), and since then has repositioned itself by salami
>tactic toward being a service provider or regulator (even though it is only
>a delegate of the real regulator).
>  (hence the Board composition of Exec + heads of depts + 1 rep from  each
>region).
>     Graeme's recollection of history and mine thus differ significantly.

Emilis,

Do you have any material on the period when the then DCA took control of
glider airworthiness requirements from the GFA  and made gliders conform to
a standard? 1956 or so I've heard.

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
          Int'l + 61 429 355784