----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian McPhee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia."
<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 1:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] accident investigation

Actually when involved with verifying on a comp day where most pilots outland the last 3 minutes of pilots flight before the outlanding can be very interesting. I am surprized others have not noticed some of the "interesting decision making" which shows up with a number of pilots. The data is all there.

I thought comps had a safety officer to discuss these things. Are they ever discussed at the next day's safety briefing? (I have never been to a competition.)

PeterS

Unfortunately in some of the more serious accidents the logger back-up battery has jumped out and thus data lost. For the past 8 years when I see a Old Cambridge Model 20 in for service I have added a minor mod to help the battery stay in place - The newer loggers no longer have back up batteries so I guess they may be more reliable in a crash.
Ian McPhee (skype   macca304)
Box 657
Byron Bay  NSW  2481  Australia
Tel +61(0)2 66847642 mob +61(0)428847642
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Newton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>