Amazing ingenuity. :-)  PeterS
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Condor controls

I build my own pedals.

You buy a $20 USB joystick, pull out the POT inside one of the controls (I used the speed control, leaving the stick itself in tact) and make up two planks on hinges. Connect the pot near the bottom, rope over the top of a pulley to connect them together - and then you can assign that new control to anything you like. (you can connect more than one joystick via USB).

Not trivial, but not too hard.

Scott