Imagine doing this at Tullamarine or one of the other major airports in Australia. The regulators and security people would have a right royal hissy-fit. But it happens elsewhere - but that's in the northern hemisphere. Things like this and high-tow just don't work in the southern hemisphere, do they ........

Below is part of a communication with a German glider pilot, I've been having:

"We fly at the internatiol Airport Münster-Osnabrück (FMO) because we were there first, and a part of this is oure own ground. In the time the Airport was build (growing from the airfield of the "Luftfahrtvereinigung Greven") they made an agreement that if there whould be to many jet traffic the airportmanagement has to find and to give us a new airfield for oure own, ready and licensed for sports flying.

They didn´t find one......."

--
Leigh Bunting
Colonel Light Gardens