The Bankstown and Moorabbin accidents might suggest, that probably the most needed, are the "turning final" and "short final" calls.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Lawley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "'Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.'" <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 12:12 PM
Subject: RE: NAS2c circuit calls Re: [Aus-soaring] Queensland EasterCompetition and FLARM

Hi all,

If its only recommended, why would you make more than one call? Its
mandatory to recommend making these calls, not make them, isnt it?

With transmissions every 30 sec as described there is bound to be lots of 2 at once calls that no-one understands.(2 stations transmitting at once).Then
again 20% of calls are unintelligable now!

I will continue making downwind calls only myself, until more calls are
mandatory mandatory.

David Lawley
Computer Manager
Elizabeth Park Primary School