Re Kingfishers

My Father, Bill Hudson, built an ES57 Kingfisher. He purchased a kit from Harry Schneider (who was at Parafield in those days) and returned it to Whyalla to build it.

The build conditions were lousy compared to some you see today, built in a shed which housed a brick making machine, so the glider was built around it. The shed had no power.

The glider had the registration (from memory) VH-GLB. My father completed his Silver C in the Kingfisher, including a flight from Port Augusta to Orroroo.

I believe this aircraft is now in a museum in WA.