"It is the
integration that is likely to bring about problems."

In what way?

I am using an IPAQ 3870+ Garmin72 with x/c soar and maps generated for free
by the user group currently, and find annoyances from the lack of
integration, for example having to switch the Garmin between Garmin mode for
download to cu and NMEA mode whilst connected to the PDA.

With free maps available, what is the advantage of the Sensis maps?

Any PDA with maps and compact flash/SDIO GPS fitted would do the same job.

Given that dedicated in car GPS sell for around this price it doesn't seem
that cheap to me!

In fact what I cannot work out for the life of me is the VERY high cost of
IGC Data loggers, they seem to contain little more than this device yet cost
double, anyone know why? If the flarm is approved as an IGC logger this
situation may improve as prices are forced down. I am not holding my breath
though!

Regards Dav