  From: Ian McPhee
  To: aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net
  Cc: John Witham ; Ashley & Jo Osborne ; Brian Marshall ; Jerry Leach
  Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 5:11 PM
  Subject: [Aus-soaring] GFA fees ADVICE

  Usually clubs get advised of increased fees on May 1 but no letter this
year I gather.  An email would have been good as now GFA phone you up and
ask for $5.50 more for students.  I realise it is on GFA web site but
normally you do not think to look there as you take a new members money!
Personally I feel it is a pity GFA do not follow up say 3 months members as
they expire explaining these about to expire members their options.
Remember usually these new people need guidance as what to do next and GFA
DO NOT accept a SECOND 3 month membership and this must be explained I
believe.  Think it would be time well spent as if one in five were to join
for 12 months it would bump up membership.  I give an example I used to be a
member of EAA but when I did not pay there were very nice letters reminding
me to rejoin and when I do eventually do I get a welcoming letter with a new
car sticker.

  Guess I am becoming a grumpy old man but it would be good to see one or
two hundred extra members from sending out say 500 letters.

  Ian McPhee (skype   macca304)
  Box 657
  Byron Bay  NSW  2481  Australia
  Tel +61(0)2 66847642 mob +61(0)428847642
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  www.mrsoaring.com