Hi, everybody,

A few weeks ago, one of the marketing reps for Ulead Systems, a maker of video editing software, was in Australia to launch a new version of one of their apps. Tobie (the marketing guy) participates in a video editing discussion list quite like this one, and I met him on that list. As a former power plane pilot, he expressed an interest in taking a glider flight while in Sydney.

I picked up Tobie from his hotel in Sydney, and brought him to Camden on what turned out, despite expectations, to be quite a nice day (but with no lift to speak of). We put him in the front seat of our DG-1000 with one of the instructors, and he took his Sony high definition camcorder along for the ride. Here's the result: http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=90390&cdate=20060526&ctime=171301

Hope you enjoy it!

(For the tech heads: the camera used was a Sony HDRHC1, and the video was edited with the Ulead's low-end editing product VideoStudio 10 Plus. I have a few comments about VideoStudio 10 Plus on my site, here: http://www.flyingnerd.com/archives/116).

Enjoy!

Richard.