Come on Dave, I do not think Adam was serious; just a bit of stirring by the younger generation. I have NO problem with that. :-)
PeterS
Aged 55yrs but wears an Arab Hat instead of being an OFITTH.

----- Original Message ----- From: "david lawley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 11:04 AM
Subject: [Aus-soaring] WC team

G'day all

How nice of Adam to "obviously" be aware of who or what I know/dont know.

Actually Adam I am probably more aware of these guys' achievements and
abilities than you assume despite only having met them very briefly at the
recent muti-class nats.

Just finished reading every AG back to 1950 and their record is clear
obviously.

As I said I have NO (Note for Adam- no means no) problem with the
representation by these gentlemen.

Whilst I wish them every success, and would love to see an Australian win
the statistics are not on their side regrettably.

I would like to know how old the oldest W/C winner ever was. Terry states
George Moffat was 46, are there any older? Figures from a recent club
class W/C indicate the majority of pilots in the 35-49 age group.

Unfortunately for Adam I am already "sponsoring" my own junior, my son Ray.

Furthermore slinging off at pictures of people my age in a glider as a bad
image for gliding does nothing to encourage me to contribite to a junior
team Adam, in fact the opposite. Remember these are the people who do most
of the sponsoring of yourself and other juniors for such events.

My point was I am relatively happy with the current image of gliding as it
reflects the real situation "in the air" so to speak.(-:

We have around 3,000 GFA members and only 60+ juniors registered on that
group!

It is regrettable that the high costs of comp flying are preventing you
from competing Adam and I hope you are able to get to international comps
again soon, we need  more good pilots and results to have any hope of
attracting significant positive media exposure for our sport.

Regards

Dave L

David Lawley
Computer Systems Manager