G'day Mike

I recall seeing details of expected GPS reduced accuracy given somewhere in the Aviation area forecasts each day or are they in some of the other notes?

Regards Geoff

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 1:46 PM
Subject: RE: [Aus-soaring] GPS errors!

At 01:36 PM 13/06/2006, you wrote:
>Hmmm,
>  I guess your in a different state Geoff, don't know enough about
> GPS to comment-possibly SA is more affected due to orbits of sats involved?..
>

>----------

GPS sats are not in geostationary orbits so the bad sats will be
visible everywhere over a day or two. The ground stations and control
center can identify the bad ones in a few hours at most and either
turn them off or switch to another transmitter and/or clock on the
bad sat. Maybe someone at DSTO left a GPS jammer on by mistake or
they are testing same? Normally this sort of thing is notified.

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
           Int'l + 61 429 355784