Michael Shirley wrote:
Hi Darryl & Robert

May I suggest that, Daryl Connell, under 2. Develop the Sport, Strategies,
(i) Embracing new technology, include as an objective the creation of a new
Certification Category, called Pawnee Glider Tug.
I understand that at a recent meeting (attended by Daryl) this matter was
extensively covered and a full report of the development of eTug was
discussed. Though it is early days this project has completed about 30 hours
of trouble free operation, is now in service at Lake Keepit, will reduce the
cost of launches by 50%, increase the rate of launching (launches per hour)
by 40 - 45%. It could be put in service at other gliding clubs considerably
sooner if such a category is created.

This requires considerable pressure be brought to CASA and the minister to
move the subject on to their radar screens and change the rules a little to
permit a certified aircraft to become a dedicated glider tug, not subject to
some of the expensive maintenance requirements imposed on the agricultural
use of the same aircraft - e.g. X-ray of wing clusters.
Thanks Michael.

Please could you raise this matter with your regional representative?

I'll feed this suggested activity in through the Qld process as well so it won't get lost.

--
Robert Hart                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+61 (0)438 385 533                           http://www.hart.wattle.id.au